Monday, May 11, 2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activities


For my dining decisions I picked:
1. apple
2. sandwich
3. cereal bar
4. yogurt
5. salad
I got everything but protein which I need to build bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. It's also needed to repair injuries and make body chemicals like hormones. So I should look for lean meats, fish, beans, and nuts.

For my score on feeding the monster I score 100 on my second try. While I was feeding the monster I learned about interesting facts about each item I feed him like how the plants grow, what kind of source of nutrients it is and much more.

For my climate I picked: seasonal
For construction I picked: recycled
For energy I picked: solar panels/heating and geothermal heating
For efficiency I picked: energy efficient lighting, energy star appliances, efficient heating/cooling, materials recycling, water recycling, and smart home technology
Conclusions: I spent $96,500 and my home's efficiency rating is 180%

After viewing the puke page and I think there should be a complete smoking/tobacco ban in public schools. I don't think it will prevent youth from using tobacco completely because there are other factors like families but knowledge is power and it might make kids think twice before using. I personal think that those pictures were gross but hopefully it helps kids choose the right decision before they use tobacco.

After completing the questions asked during the activities I score a 6.5 acres on my carbon footprint and would also take 1 and 1/2 earths to support my Bobbie's habits. A good insight on things that I could change that can reduce my footprint like opening a window instead of using the AC and eat more local foods.

"It's not easy to be Green."-Kermit

4 comments:

  1. Ingrid- This is a good review of what you thought about the activities. it is good to see that you were pretty good at choosing good foods, and building nice green homes!! Good Job! --S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid-
    Good summary of the learning activities! I agree, those pictures were pretty gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ingrid, nice post! Yours was much more specific than the others, very creative. I'm glad your green home was 180% efficient! That's awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Ingrid! You really organized your post well:) Im glad to see you enjoyed everyone's activities. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete